June 2019 Reported Domain Sales
For those of you that are not in-tune with the domain industry, here are some recent domain name sales that have been topping this summer's domain charts. Please keep in mind that only a very small fraction of sales ever get reported. Orion.com changed hands, but the price was unreported, rumor has it that it sold above 30m. Prices have been rising for great domain names.
Viajes.es 165k (Travels Esp.)
Visit DNJournal.com for the reported year to date sales chart.
Why domain names are even more valuable today. This is a copy of an article that was on the FragerFactor.com in 2006. I've cleaned it and condensed it, still strong and valid points made.
Top 10 Reasons Why Domain Names Are Great Investments
1. Domain names tell people specifically where to find you on the Internet
2. A good domain name presents a more professional image and can support and even build your brand in the marketplace.
3. Domain names are unique – nobody else can own your domain name.
4. Annual cost is just $12 to renew your domain name.
5. Domain names can be easily shared with others via word of mouth.
6. Direct traffic to your domain name costs you nothing.
7. Search engines rank websites with relevant domain names higher.
8. Domain names like any business asset can add value to your business at time of sale.
9. Owning multiple domain names relating to your business can increase traffic and the number of qualified site visitors that you receive.
10. Owning multiple Domain names blocks competition from entering into your space and increases the value of your business to potential buyers.
How to Qualify a Domain Name
1. Is it easy to spell? I mean EASY! The masses can't spell.
2. Is it easy to remember?
3. Will it look good on a billboard or in a commercial?
4. Will it pass the radio and SIRI tesst?
5. Is it commercial or social?
6. Does it mean something just standing alone?
7. Can the domain go up in value by 100x? by 1000x 10,000x?
8. Is this a retail price or a wholesale price?
9. Are the other extensions taken? (get the .com)
10. Does it get ANY traffic or make ANY income consistently?
11. Is it a plural when it should be a singular? Or is it a singular when it should be plural?
12. Will there be mistypes? If you buy a .net without owning the .com, how much traffic will you lose?
13. If I decide I don't want the domain anymore is it good enough to be liquid?
14. Are there other related domains that would help or hinder?
15. Is this the best domain I can find for the money?
16. Can I use the money in a better way?
17. Does it add value to your overall portfolio?
18. Could you open a business around that domain name?
19. Is the traffic type in or is it coming from any other way?
20. Could you envision a large company using that domain in a national ad campaign?
Check out these domain names for sale.
Investing in domain names is similar to real estate in that high traffic areas generally go for higher prices as well as desirable locations. DomainPicks.com Provides a clear list of domain names at various auction houses listed for the coming day. Mark's a excellent host and you'll find some gems among the list along with some personal antidotes.
On DomainPicks.com you can find a deal on a domain name and read through the articles on Mark's site to get a feel for how vast the domain industry is.
Short of fielding email inquiries about domain investing, I decided to create a series of posts featuring some of the domain sites read on a regular basis.
The undisputed authority for domain name news has to be Domain Name Journal. Ron Jackson, journalist and former news anchor built one of the most trusted blogs for reporting events and sales within the domain industry.
DNJournal.com is a weekly periodical and a must read for anyone in domain investing. Ron has a warm and intelligent style that emanates through the headlines to each in-depth cover story.
I found 2 articles on Domaining.com that I thought I would pass along to share. I follow all of these blogs and they help me stay in tune with the pulse of the industry.
This is a TED talk about the Carvertise.com story. From the business owner's perspective and a savvy domain owner. Not going to spoil it, just enjoy the presentation.
The second article comes from Morgan Linton's blog about the frequency of 6 and 7 figure domain name sales. Large sales are more common than you think and often under reported.
After Memorial Day is usually a slower season, but not so this year. Sales are up, and heating up.
Check out the rest of domain names I have for sale here.
Excellent article by Andrew Rosener of Media Options on the brand value of domain names to your business. Andrew makes several key points on why you should own the the matching dot com domain name and what it costs you when you don't.
This is a great read for all C-level executives looking to gain a 15% market share in their niche. Business is online and good domain names will never be any less than they are today. Position your company and your brand for success before your competition snaps up the key generic domains that can impact your sales.
Great domain names are powerful assets that appreciate while generating revenue through brand recognition, as an authority in your field and have so many other marketing advantages that justify the cost. Allocate your advertising budget in the domain name sector for exponential growth and appreciation.
Check out these premium domains names for sale here. SouthernHomes.com FloridaBeachHomes.com DallasTech.com AtlantaConsulting.com LakeStyle.com LongLashes.com YourSiteBuilder.com DatabaseTools.com KeyInsight.com and many more.
With Escrow.com and others following suit, you can purchase a domain name in monthly allotments.
It's called Secure Domain Name Holding and what it means is the buyer gets control of the domain at the time of the first payment, while Escrow.com holds the domain until the final payment is made. The buyer and seller define the terms and the number of payments. Many purchasers probably are not aware they could buy a domain this way and this makes it easier. Divide it into two or twenty payments, whichever works best for you.
Click here to see the list of domains for sale. All domain names are available for domain name holding payment plans and can be reserved immediately. Transactions are conducted through Escrow.com for everyone's safety.