I found 2 articles on Domaining.com that I thought I would pass along to share. I follow all of these blogs and they help me stay in tune with the pulse of the industry.
This is a TED talk about the Carvertise.com story. From the business owner's perspective and a savvy domain owner. Not going to spoil it, just enjoy the presentation.
The second article comes from Morgan Linton's blog about the frequency of 6 and 7 figure domain name sales. Large sales are more common than you think and often under reported.
After Memorial Day is usually a slower season, but not so this year. Sales are up, and heating up.
Check out the rest of domain names I have for sale here.
Busy Developing Domain Names
This will be my last post for awhile. About a year ago I formed BHKO LLC with a focus on vacation rentals and real estate sales. We have several niche websites launching over the next few months each with its own regional area of inclusion. What distinguishes BHKO from the competition is our custom URL's or custom names that allow homeowners to choose a name for their property and they can use that link to pass to potential renters or for sales prospects.
We only cost $148 per year with NO commissions! So for about $12 dollars per month (tax deductible) you can advertise your property. Use us solely or in conjunction with your existing property management company or link to their system. We have a full reservation system available and you can share your property with just a click. Refer 10 of your friends and your renewal is free!
Simply the best value in advertising your property!
You can sign up on GeorgiaBeachHomes.com now, FloridaBeachHomes.com coming soon.
Exact Matching Domain Names
The most valuable domain names are exact matching domain names. An EMD is the perfect match to the business that you're in or the traffic you would like to attract. The value of these domains are not only investment grade, they are the key to your brand protection going forward. There has been several articles on Forbes.com by Michael Gargiulo the CEO at VPN.com about domain name valuations.
Adding my 2 cents, the future is now and it's all about the digital side of your business. Get an exact matching domain name that suits your market, only buy a .com extension and make sure your site works seamlessly on mobile devices.
Here's a few very strong EMD's that I have for sale:
Use the Contact page or call (770)714-7840 to discuss the options.
See all the Domain Names For Sale here.
Year End Domain Name Sale!
Make an offer on any listed domain name or place a deposit with Escrow.com to secure any domain name now. Some companies have year budgets for year's end while other's draw from next year's allocation. Flexible purchase arrangements can be made on any domain name, but act now to secure the name before someone else does.
Design your own payment plan so you can secure the domain name you want now.
Use the Contact page or call (770)714-7840 to discuss the possibilities and how a great domain name can grow your business.
See all Domain Names For Sale here.
Grow your company with premium technology domains. Technology is the fasting growing sector and a definitive part of your future growth. Whether your in the technology sector or realize it's where your organization needs a greater footprint, technology won't be a smaller part of anyone's future. Domain names as marketing channels surpass any other media and yield direct sales and instant analytics. Domain names are digital assets.
We are featuring the following domain names as a package or individually.
Why domain names are even more valuable today. This is a copy of an article that was on the FragerFactor.com in 2006. I've cleaned it and condensed it, still strong and valid points made.
Top 10 Reasons Why Domain Names Are Great Investments
1. Domain names tell people specifically where to find you on the Internet
2. A good domain name presents a more professional image and can support and even build your brand in the marketplace.
3. Domain names are unique – nobody else can own your domain name.
4. Annual cost is just $12 to renew your domain name.
5. Domain names can be easily shared with others via word of mouth.
6. Direct traffic to your domain name costs you nothing.
7. Search engines rank websites with relevant domain names higher.
8. Domain names like any business asset can add value to your business at time of sale.
9. Owning multiple domain names relating to your business can increase traffic and the number of qualified site visitors that you receive.
10. Owning multiple Domain names blocks competition from entering into your space and increases the value of your business to potential buyers.
How to Qualify a Domain Name
1. Is it easy to spell? I mean EASY! The masses can't spell.
2. Is it easy to remember?
3. Will it look good on a billboard or in a commercial?
4. Will it pass the radio and SIRI tesst?
5. Is it commercial or social?
6. Does it mean something just standing alone?
7. Can the domain go up in value by 100x? by 1000x 10,000x?
8. Is this a retail price or a wholesale price?
9. Are the other extensions taken? (get the .com)
10. Does it get ANY traffic or make ANY income consistently?
11. Is it a plural when it should be a singular? Or is it a singular when it should be plural?
12. Will there be mistypes? If you buy a .net without owning the .com, how much traffic will you lose?
13. If I decide I don't want the domain anymore is it good enough to be liquid?
14. Are there other related domains that would help or hinder?
15. Is this the best domain I can find for the money?
16. Can I use the money in a better way?
17. Does it add value to your overall portfolio?
18. Could you open a business around that domain name?
19. Is the traffic type in or is it coming from any other way?
20. Could you envision a large company using that domain in a national ad campaign?
Check out these domain names for sale.
Even with a busy schedule I try and keep an eye on movement in the tech industry. Where money is being placed shows the direction of the market and what the results of all these industry gurus research and decisions are being backed by speculation. Follow the money and you're following the end results of all these great minds. In an article on SIIA.net there's a comparative breakdown of the last three years worth of investments in different sectors of technology that leads in with some analysis on Q1 2018. Out of the gate, 2018 is up 124% compared to 2017 and the money is on tech enabled services up 207%. Marketing, analytics, database and information services have unprecedented increases.
With stronger consumer confidence the market outlook for technology related goods and services is very healthy, as a consequence advertising and marketing via tech soars along side. Seems obvious to those involved with technology that this isn't going anywhere but up. Take a read through the numbers, what they mean is a future more interwoven with tech than anyone can imagine.
The article is from Matt Kinsman, former vice president at Connectiv now at Accruent.com citing info from JEGI.com.
Match Your Brand to Your Domain Name
A nice case study about Zelle.com expressed on DotWeekly.com about matching your brand to your domain name. There are a couple of other articles about the importance of branding on Dotweekly that a worth the read. And the tag line says it all, It's More Than a Name. With your domain name the goal is to make your brand stronger, not weaker. In addition to branding, author and operator of DotWeekly Jamie Zoch provides some other great info on the domain industry regularly, be sure to follow up on domain movers and start ups.
Branding and the relation to your domain name cannot be stated enough for design into your website and the success of your business. If you can, acquire the domain names for your products, too.